We are an ambitious company led by a highly driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative team with a track record of continued success. We offer candidates an amazing opportunity, with good career progression, to join a rapidly growing company and develop a career within financial services.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our agile dev team, and interested in building state-of-the-art, performant, scalable and maintainable backend services and APIs. You will be involved in working on multiple products with a modern tech stack, and on projects involving multiple team members in a dynamic environment.
We’d like that you aren’t afraid of voicing an opinion on how to do things better, in both our code base, and in our daily workflows and processes. You must be a driven team player that never compromises on quality. You are comfortable working in a dynamic, multinational environment where excellence is encouraged and rewarded.
- Develop secure backend services and APIs to support new features and further enhancements.
- Understanding product requirements and translating them to robust technical solutions.
- Contribute to overall solution architecture.
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the engineering team, including frontend developers and product owners.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Keep improving our code base as we go along, and refactor things for the better.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance issues.
- 3+ years of Java experience.
- Experience building and maintaining services using Spring Boot, connecting to various SQL and NoSQL databases (ideally PostgreSQL and Redis).
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code.
- Degree in computer science or similar technical discipline.
- Hands-on experience in team programming projects, preferably using Git or other source control systems.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and able to pick up new technologies.
- Understanding of CI/CD for building and deploying applications to the cloud.
- Experience with containerized applications.
- Exposure to banking/card/e-wallet and general fintech products.
- Experience with AWS (cloud architecture, infrastructure as code, container orchestration).
- Familiarity with application security and DevSecOps.